Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Wordsmith: My Custom Website


Steven Vitte: Wordsmith


Wordsmiths who are busy improving their work never stop being busy. A wordsmith who is dedicated to writing content for people to enjoy is one who takes his job seriously. I like to think that I am such a wordsmith. I have quietly shared this link with some of my friends, but I would like to just get this link out now for my readers here on the Gaming Journalist Gazette blog to see for themselves what I have been busy setting up lately.

The above link takes you to the temporary base of my custom website. No, I don't own the word "wordsmith" or anything, but it's a title that I would like to be officially recognized under. I am a wordsmith at heart. I am what some people call a "scribe". I specialize in writing content that can be used by readers. As you will see this blog right here is one of the links you can go to by clicking on the "Gaming Blog" tab on the main menu at the top of the main page. 

I take what I do seriously. I like to write. It's what I'm good at. Aside from the fact that I don't officially have a game project out that includes my contributions as a writer, I know that having a custom website of my own was critical, and for the longest time I haven't had one. That is a mistake on my part. Relying just on blogs and not actually developing my own custom website was something that I overlooked and should have handled earlier on. 

Now that I do have my custom website up and running, I would like to get your opinions on it. Have I developed it the right way? Is it easy enough to navigate through? Do you find anything unique about my website? What are some of the things I could do to improve my website? What features do you think I should add to my website? Is there anything about my website you don't like? Whatever your opinion is, please let me know.

It's simply long overdue for me to have my own custom website. It's something I should have done first and foremost, but because of real life issues getting in the way all the time, I felt like I didn't have the time to make a website. I put all my worries aside recently, though, and just made one. I figured "Why not?" What do I have to lose at this point? In order to get to where I want to go as a creative person in the gaming world, I gotta have something I can show other people. Well, here you go. Here's the website.

Of course I am going to make some changes here and there on this website as time goes on, and I hope that you guys will follow me on my journey in making this website as nice-looking and special as it can be, considering all the resources that I have available.

One thought I will leave before ending this blog entry is that more exposure will be given to the Gaming Journalist Gazette blog as a result of the link through my Wordsmith website. That is going to play an important role, I think. With the combination of this blog, The Autistic Help blog and the Wordsmith website I am hoping that this little network I have in front of me now will help take me to places I need to go in order to achieve my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment