Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful For Gaming (and Other Things)


I want to send a quick message to all readers of the Gaming Journalist Gazette to say thank you for your ongoing support of this blog. Since this is Thanksgiving, I would like to say that I am truly thankful for establishing an audience that actually likes what I write down in this blog. I appreciate the words of encouragement that I receive from blog readers and I intend to keep "leveling up", so to speak, when it comes to publishing content that you guys would like to read when it comes to gaming.

Every Thanksgiving I always take a step back and reflect on how the year was for me, and quite honestly, the year of 2014 has been a very important one for me not only as a gamer but also as someone who takes his craft seriously as a writer. 2014 marked the first year where other people started taking me seriously as a writer and they started to recognize just how much potential I have. Just earlier this year I was able to get a glimpse of what I would ultimately like to do, and that was when I first got to see how an independent video game developing company operates. That was around my 25th birthday on August 16 when I took a trip up to Dublin, Ohio (Columbus) and saw the team at Multivarious Games. The visits I have made to Dublin have left a great impression on me, motivating me all the more to reach for that "brass ring" and realize my dream of finally being a part of the Video Game Industry in some official capacity.

Even before I started going to Columbus for meetups, I had begun to schedule email interviews with people, and I managed to get 3 interviews in the books. Of course, I would like to schedule more, and as always members of the Video Game Industry are more than welcome to shoot me an email and request an interview if they would like. Receiving the kinds of dialogue such as the answers that Sande Chen, Paul Jensen, Steve Brasely and Wesley Adams has been very helpful for me, allowing me to better understand how things in the Video Game Industry are run.

If there is one thing that I can say gamers in general need to improve on would be accepting what you already have and not worrying about what you don't have. Gamers are always wanting to get the newest and latest gaming products out there on the market and I think that if gamers excessively worry about whether or not to get a game or a console or anything else, they are developing an unhealthy habit. I know the feeling of what it is like to do without, and even today I have to deal with not being able to participate in things gamers normally involve themselves in, but I don't let my lack of resources get me down. Through time one has to learn how to become creative if he or she is going to move forward and get the things that one wants, and I suppose that is what I am trying to do with this blog. Get creative, get support (check out my NEW Affiliates page of this blog!), get your name out there, keep knocking on that door and "keep swimming", as Wesley Adams keeps telling me.

I will resume GJG projects very soon and I will wrap up the Pilot Episode of The Randy Randomness Hour, which I hope you guys have found enjoyable so far. I am aiming for 2015 to be another positive year for me and I do intend to take my projects a step further, and maybe do some things in-person... We'll see.

Happy Thanksgiving, gamers from across the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment